February 10, 2020
FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
- Mechanical design and analysis of neutron scattering instruments and instrumentation
- Aspects related to Project Engineering: planning, manufacture, logistics and integration with providers and clients
- Use of CAD software (CATIA) to integrate results from machine analysis (ANSYS) and Monte Carlo (MC) calculations
- Integration with other ESS ERIC projects and interface with ESS ERIC work groups
- Participation in international projects within the field of large-scale science facilities
Experience /knowledge gained at equal or higher levels
- Experience in similar jobs or tasks and, where relevant, specialisation or main activity, with functions and duties similar to those of the position being applied for.
- Experience in national and international research institutions
- Deep knowledge and skills in CAD software (preferably CATIA) with demonstrable experience in the design of instrumentation in large-scale science facilities.
- Knowledge of mechanical finite element analysis (preferably ANSYS)
- Credit will be given for knowledge of neutronics and neutron optics, radiation environment calculations and similar
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar
The position will principally be based in Bilbao but may also require the provision of services in any of the facilities of ESS-Bilbao. It may also require availability to spend long periods of time working in Sweden.